We are excited to announce that a distribution deal with Head Rush Technologies in the US has been agreed, to supply their products to the UK market.
Who are HRT?
These are the guys behind the brilliant magnetic (eddy current) braking system utilised in their TRUBLUE Autobelays that all around the world have been successfully replacing the old Redpoint autobelay system with no known incidents, safety notices or recalls. They have applied innovative technology to bring new adventure recreation equipment to the climbing, zip line, adventure and amusement industry, to make adventure activities safer while offering the ability to increase throughput. You can view the Head Rush catalogue here.
Why have ACR got involved?
Autobelays are not used extensively in the outdoor adventure industry and although a couple of years later HRT launched their zipSTOP product, it wasn’t until 2014 when they launched their QUICKjump product that we thought there would be a demand in the markets that we service. Since then we have liaised closely with a few organisations that immediately installed them to gather feedback on this new product. Overwhelmingly it has been positive!
However purchasing product (particularly high value and heavy product) from the USA is not easy so we made the decision to get involved and become a UK stockist.
View the full range of Head Rush products on the ACR website now.
ACR have just placed their first stock order for portable anchor devices specifically for the Rope Access Industry. Both the Deadweight Trolley and A-Frame are suitable for 2 person use, and are ideal as an anchor for workers accessing areas for
- Structural Services /NDT
- High Level Cleaning
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Bird Proofing etc.
We know that delivery on this type of equipment can be critical, stock needs to be available when you need it most – that’s why ACR have invested in 3 units and are aiming to keep a permanent stock. Delivery can be arranged on a next day palletised service, 1 DW200 per pallet and up to 2 DW100 per pallet. Delivery is charged at cost £150.00+vat per pallet.
DW100 DEADWEIGHT TROLLEY
The Deadweight Trolley is a portable anchor device for use behind structural handrails, balustrades and parapet walls – requires a minimum upstand of 600mm. Ideal for use where space is limited, the Deadweight trolley is easy to store, transport and set up.
- Individual Serial Number
- Static Load Tested – relevant for 2 man rescue
- No alteration to building aesthetics – does not penetrate roof membrane
- Ideal for confined work spaces – requires a working area of 400mm x 500mm
- Use behind structural handrails, balustrades and parapet walls
- Minimises rigging time – can be moved sideways during use
- Cost effective and versatile – great as an alternative to permanent anchor systems
- Low maintenance
The A-Frame Anchor is ideal for use on flat roof surfaces with a minimum upstand of 300mm. Can be manoeuvred sideways as required. Locking wheels to prevent unnecessary movement once sited. Easily breaks down into 6* pieces for easy transport and storage. *(plus 12 weights)
- Suitable for use on flat roof surface – only 300mm of upstand required
- 1.8m high anchor points – enables the user to easily start their descent
- No damage to surfaces – does not require penetration of roof membrane
- Built in shock absorber
- Unit can easily be moved sideways – reducing the need for re-rigging
- Minimal assembly required
- Locking wheels to prevent unwanted movement
- Cost effective and versatile
- Low maintenance