We’ve had a tremendous summer here at ACR with some pretty awesome clients returning to us for the 3rd season, plus the addition of new clients such as Center Parcs! Their Sherwood Forest Village has recently installed 7 of our Monkey Hardware climbing activities – all 12m up in the trees, complete with auto belays so you can abseil back down to earth if you’re too tired after all that climbing! You can even practice Dry Tooling (Ice Climbing as we prefer to call it), with the Rock & Ice and Mushroom sets – a unique activity at this Center Parcs Village, make sure you try it out on your next visit.
Steve Cooper – Group Outdoor Activity & Safety Manager – comments;
“Our new Tree Climbing activity at Sherwood Forest has been a hit from the beginning. Our activities are designed for families to spend time together, to challenge themselves to then emerge more confident, to try new things and be close to nature and this new activity embraces these aspects perfectly! It has been a great experience working with Adventure Climb Rescue on this new activity and we’re sure it will continue to be very popular.”
To view all our images of Monkey Hardware from Center Parcs please visit our Facebook gallery here.
ACR have just placed their first stock order for portable anchor devices specifically for the Rope Access Industry. Both the Deadweight Trolley and A-Frame are suitable for 2 person use, and are ideal as an anchor for workers accessing areas for
- Structural Services /NDT
- High Level Cleaning
- Maintenance & Repairs
- Bird Proofing etc.
We know that delivery on this type of equipment can be critical, stock needs to be available when you need it most – that’s why ACR have invested in 3 units and are aiming to keep a permanent stock. Delivery can be arranged on a next day palletised service, 1 DW200 per pallet and up to 2 DW100 per pallet. Delivery is charged at cost £150.00+vat per pallet.
DW100 DEADWEIGHT TROLLEY
The Deadweight Trolley is a portable anchor device for use behind structural handrails, balustrades and parapet walls – requires a minimum upstand of 600mm. Ideal for use where space is limited, the Deadweight trolley is easy to store, transport and set up.
- Individual Serial Number
- Static Load Tested – relevant for 2 man rescue
- No alteration to building aesthetics – does not penetrate roof membrane
- Ideal for confined work spaces – requires a working area of 400mm x 500mm
- Use behind structural handrails, balustrades and parapet walls
- Minimises rigging time – can be moved sideways during use
- Cost effective and versatile – great as an alternative to permanent anchor systems
- Low maintenance
The A-Frame Anchor is ideal for use on flat roof surfaces with a minimum upstand of 300mm. Can be manoeuvred sideways as required. Locking wheels to prevent unnecessary movement once sited. Easily breaks down into 6* pieces for easy transport and storage. *(plus 12 weights)
- Suitable for use on flat roof surface – only 300mm of upstand required
- 1.8m high anchor points – enables the user to easily start their descent
- No damage to surfaces – does not require penetration of roof membrane
- Built in shock absorber
- Unit can easily be moved sideways – reducing the need for re-rigging
- Minimal assembly required
- Locking wheels to prevent unwanted movement
- Cost effective and versatile
- Low maintenance